Oshogatsu Family Festival: Year of the Rat
January 5 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm| Free
Welcome the Year of the Rat with with crafts, food, cultural activities, and performances — FREE ALL DAY!
– Traditional mochitsuki (Japanese rice pounding ritual) performance by Kodama Taiko
– Performance by TaikoProject
– Candy sculptures by Shan the Candyman
– Fun Oshogatsu and Year of the Rat-inspired crafts, origami, and scavenger hunt
– Lucky zaru soba (cold buckwheat noodles) with Kidding Around the Kitchen
– Osechi ryori (traditional Japanese New Year foods) tasting
– Souvenir photos by Nerdbot Photo Booth
– Face painting with Party Face Magic – Face Painting Orange County & Los Angeles
– Fukubukuro (lucky grab bags) at the JANM Store
– JANM Members Only reserved seating and express lines.
– Free admission all day to see “Under a Mushroom Cloud: Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and the Atomic Bomb”; “Fighting for Democracy: Who is the “We” in “We, the People”?”; and “Common Ground: The Heart of Community.”
…and so much more.
This event is free, but RSVPs are requested using the ticket link. Those who RSVP and show their ticket at the JANM membership table at the Oshogatsu Family Festival will be entered into a drawing for a one-year JANM family/dual level membership.