Natsumatsuri Family Festival
August 10 @ 11:00 am| Free
Join the Japanese American National Museum at their annual summer celebration featuring Japanese and Japanese American performances, crafts, and activities. Part of Nisei Week.
– “The Little Kokeshi Doll” reading, demonstration, and interactive Kokeshi Fashion Show
– Musical performances by Joyce Kwon (folk music) and Kishin Daiko (taiko)
– Magic by Illusions By Allen and “With Memories On Their Backs” dance theater performance by Voices Carry, Inc
– Free face painting by Party Face Magic – Face Painting Orange County & Los Angeles and souvenir photos by Nerdbot Photo Booth
– Free samples of saataa andaagii (Okinawan deep-fried pastries)
– Basic taiko drumming and bon odori dance lessons
– Fun crafts, including origami and the ever-popular Natsumatsuri paper hats
– Free admission all day to see “At First Light: The Dawning of Asian Pacific America” and “Common Ground: The Heart of Community.”
This event is free, but RSVPs are requested using the ticket link. Those who RSVP and show their ticket at the JANM membership table at the Natsumatsuri Family Festival will be entered into a drawing for a one-year JANM family/dual level membership.